RANGER RL-8500 Combination Brake Lathe
The revolutionary RL-8500 Combination Disc / Drum Brake Lathe uses independent DC servo motors to control the cross feed and spindle feed drives, eliminating the need for complex mechanical gear boxes and transmissions typically found on mechanically-driven.
The ruggedly built RL-8500 brake lathe is capable of faster, more accurate and easier rotor and flywheel and drum and flywheel resurfacing than any other brake lathe in its class. Infinitely adjustable feed rates allow you to easily modify cut speeds with the simple turn of a dial. Now you can reduce or increase the cut-time for best finish results, whether you're speeding through an initial rough cut or a single-pass micro-finish. This complete lathe package includes lathe, a sturdy bench and large tool storage backboards so you can hang all your adapters within close reach.
- In contrast to mechanically-driven transmission and gear boxes, the RL-8500 uses precision electric DC servo motors designed to meet the demanding requirements of industrial motion control
- Quick-Change Adapter-Plus system with built-in springs eliminates the need for conventional bell clamps and cones.
- Works on all cars or trucks, both foreign and domestic, with hubless drums, rotors (center hole sized 2-5/32" – 4") and composite rotors (center hole sized 4" – 6-1/4")
- The RL-8500 is equipped with features that help increase your service capability, like precision twin cutter tools and a quick drum-to-rotor changeover
- Infinitely variable spindle and cross feed speed settings allow for quick rough and precision finish cuts
- Simple ergonomic controls are designed for minimal operator movement
- Legendary control makes unit easy to learn and master.
- The RL-8500 maintains accuracy year after year thanks to ruggedly constructed components, like a hardened, precision ground spindle that resists grooving and makes boots a thing of the past
- Massive tapered spindle bearings offer superior weight support during rotation
- Our exclusive "splash-lube" oil-feed system supplies a constant flow of oil to the bearings making sure they provide years of trouble-free service
- Serpentine belts provide a faster, quieter operation, reducing chatter and vibration
- An independent cross-feed motor eliminates the need for plastic or bronze shear gears which are expensive and time consuming to replace
- A convenient top storage tray means your popular adapters and tools are kept within short reach
- Separate motors on the drum and rotor feed help maximize the main motor's efficiency
- Our deluxe standard adapter package includes a Quick-Change hubless adapter system that makes mounting rotors and drums quick and easy
- A variety of adapters let you machine all standard and composite rotors for foreign and domestic cars and light trucks
- A 450-lb. cast iron body and a solid work bench reduces transient vibrations, ensuring a smooth uninterrupted surface finish with each pass
- Easily change arbor speeds in seconds: choose 150 or 200 rpm depending on the job
- Positive rake cutter tip angle provides for a 1-pass finish virtually every time, allowing you to complete your work faster than with inferior multi-pass lathes
- Optional truck adapter kit available
- Motor drive unit: 115 – 230 VAC / 50 – 60 Hz / 1 Ph / 20 amp
- Max rotor thickness: 2-1/2" / 64 mm
- Max rotor diameter: 17" / 432 mm
- Brake drum diameter: 6" – 28" / 152 mm – 711 mm
- Max load with standard 1" arbor: 150 lbs. / 68 kg
- Max load with optional 1-7/8" truck arbor: 250 lbs. / 113 kg
- Spindle travel: 6-7/8" / 175 mm
- Spindle speed: 150 rpm – 200 rpm
- Shipping weight including bench and tools: 685 lbs. / 311 kg
- Shipping dimensions: 62" x 49" x 36" / 1,575 mm x 1,245 mm x 914 mm
**Ranger charges taxes to California**
*Shipping is FREE to direct points within the 48-contiguous states.
**A 5% RATZ Surcharge may apply if shipping to a rural shipping point. Click here to check if you are in a RATZ zone
***It is the buyer's responsibility to unload the freight at their location.
WHEEL SERVICE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY
THE BEST WARRANTY IN THE BUSINESS - YOU HAVE OUR WORD
Duration: From the date of purchase by the original Purchaser; or 24‐12 months from the date of shipment by BendPak/Ranger or whichever comes first.
- Two Years (24-Months) Warranty on equipment structure*
- One Year (12-Months) Warranty on operating components
- One Year (12-Months) Labor Warranty on site or at factory
- One Year (12-Months) Free-Shipping** on ground‐freight charges related to warranty performance
1. Who gives this warranty (Warrantor): BendPak/Ranger, 1645 Lemonwood Dr., Santa Paula, CA 93060
2. Who receives this warranty (Purchaser): The original Purchaser (other than for purpose of resale)
3. What products are covered by this warranty: Any Ranger brand tire changer, wheel balancer or brake lathe***
4. What is covered under this warranty: manufacturer defects due to material and/or workmanship with the exceptions noted below.
5. What is not covered under this warranty:
a. Any failure that results from Purchaser’s abuse, neglect or failure to operate, maintain or service product in accordance with instructions provided in the owner’s manual(s) supplied
b. Any damage caused by using equipment beyond rated capacity and/or capability
c. Items or service normally required to maintain the product, i.e. lubricants, oil, etc.
d. Items considered general wear parts such as rubber or plastic pads/protectors, cutting tips, plastic trays, etc. unless wear or failure is a direct result of manufacturer defect due to material and/or workmanship
e. Any component damaged in shipment or any failure caused by installing or operating equipment under conditions not in accordance with installation and operation guidelines or damaged by contact with tools or surroundings
f. Motor or other component failure caused by rain, excessive humidity, corrosive environments or other contaminants
g. Rusted components due to improper maintenance or corrosive environments
h. Cosmetic defects that do not interfere with product functionality
i. Damage due to incorrect voltage or improper wiring
j. Any incidental, indirect, or consequential loss, damage, or expense that may result from any defect, failure, or malfunction of a Ranger product
k. All electrical components are guaranteed for one year against defects in workmanship and/or materials when the lift is installed and used according to specifications
6. Responsibilities of Warrantor under this warranty: Repair or replace with either new or reconditioned unit at Warrantor’s option, component and/or unit which is defective, has malfunctioned and/or failed to conform within duration of the warranty period. BendPak/Ranger will pay reasonable labor costs for the first 12 months only.
7. Responsibilities of Purchaser under this warranty:
a. Provide dated proof of purchase and maintenance records
b. In some cases, components may be required to be shipped to the nearest BendPak/Ranger Authorized Service Center. Freight costs, after 12‐months, must be borne by the Purchaser.
c. Use reasonable care in the operation and maintenance of the products as described in the owner’s manual(s).
8. When Warrantor will perform repair or replacement under this warranty: Repair or replacement will be scheduled and serviced according to the normal work flow at the servicing location, and depending on the availability of replacement parts.
*Equipment structure is defined as any non‐moving permanently affixed frame or main body, or sub‐structures that are non‐moving and permanently affixed or attached to any main equipment structure or frame. **Free‐shipping applies to direct shipping points within the 48 continental United States. Rural area shipping surcharge may apply for remote addresses. ***For all Ranger brand tire changers, wheel balancers or brake lathes manufactured on or following 11/1/2011.
Limitation of Liability
BendPak/Ranger shall have no obligation pursuant to this Warranty with respect to products which in our sole judgment have been altered damaged, misused, abused, badly worn, lost or improperly maintained. This Warranty is null and void if the customer or any other person other than an authorized representative of BendPak/Ranger has made any attempt to service or modify the tool prior to its return to BendPak/Ranger under this Warranty. In no event will either party be liable for any damage caused by the other party's failure to fulfill its responsibilities under these terms and conditions. In no event will either party be liable for any lost profits, lost savings, incidental damage, or other economic consequential damages BendPak/Rangerproductsareprovidedandsoldasiswithoutanyexpressorimpliedwarrantiesincludingwarrantiesofmerchantabilityorfitnessforparticularpurpose.No warranties, expressed or implied, will apply after this period. BendPak may modify these terms and conditions at any time by either providing the customer with written notice or posting such revised terms on www.bendpak.com. Such revised terms shall be effective thirty days from the date of such written notice or posting.