RANGER RL-8500 Combination Brake Lathe
The revolutionary RL-8500 Combination Disc / Drum Brake Lathe uses independent DC servo motors to control the cross feed and spindle feed drives, eliminating the need for complex mechanical gear boxes and transmissions typically found on mechanically-driven.
The ruggedly built RL-8500 brake lathe is capable of faster, more accurate and easier rotor and flywheel and drum and flywheel resurfacing than any other brake lathe in its class. Infinitely adjustable feed rates allow you to easily modify cut speeds with the simple turn of a dial. Now you can reduce or increase the cut-time for best finish results, whether you're speeding through an initial rough cut or a single-pass micro-finish. This complete lathe package includes lathe, a sturdy bench and large tool storage backboards so you can hang all your adapters within close reach.
- In contrast to mechanically-driven transmission and gear boxes, the RL-8500 uses precision electric DC servo motors designed to meet the demanding requirements of industrial motion control
- Quick-Change Adapter-Plus system with built-in springs eliminates the need for conventional bell clamps and cones.
- Works on all cars or trucks, both foreign and domestic, with hubless drums, rotors (center hole sized 2-5/32" – 4") and composite rotors (center hole sized 4" – 6-1/4")
- The RL-8500 is equipped with features that help increase your service capability, like precision twin cutter tools and a quick drum-to-rotor changeover
- Infinitely variable spindle and cross feed speed settings allow for quick rough and precision finish cuts
- Simple ergonomic controls are designed for minimal operator movement
- Legendary control makes unit easy to learn and master.
- The RL-8500 maintains accuracy year after year thanks to ruggedly constructed components, like a hardened, precision ground spindle that resists grooving and makes boots a thing of the past
- Massive tapered spindle bearings offer superior weight support during rotation
- Our exclusive "splash-lube" oil-feed system supplies a constant flow of oil to the bearings making sure they provide years of trouble-free service
- Serpentine belts provide a faster, quieter operation, reducing chatter and vibration
- An independent cross-feed motor eliminates the need for plastic or bronze shear gears which are expensive and time consuming to replace
- A convenient top storage tray means your popular adapters and tools are kept within short reach
- Separate motors on the drum and rotor feed help maximize the main motor's efficiency
- Our deluxe standard adapter package includes a Quick-Change hubless adapter system that makes mounting rotors and drums quick and easy
- A variety of adapters let you machine all standard and composite rotors for foreign and domestic cars and light trucks
- A 450-lb. cast iron body and a solid work bench reduces transient vibrations, ensuring a smooth uninterrupted surface finish with each pass
- Easily change arbor speeds in seconds: choose 150 or 200 rpm depending on the job
- Positive rake cutter tip angle provides for a 1-pass finish virtually every time, allowing you to complete your work faster than with inferior multi-pass lathes
- Optional truck adapter kit available
- Motor drive unit: 115 – 230 VAC / 50 – 60 Hz / 1 Ph / 20 amp
- Max rotor thickness: 2-1/2" / 64 mm
- Max rotor diameter: 17" / 432 mm
- Brake drum diameter: 6" – 28" / 152 mm – 711 mm
- Max load with standard 1" arbor: 150 lbs. / 68 kg
- Max load with optional 1-7/8" truck arbor: 250 lbs. / 113 kg
- Spindle travel: 6-7/8" / 175 mm
- Spindle speed: 150 rpm – 200 rpm
- Shipping weight including bench and tools: 685 lbs. / 311 kg
- Shipping dimensions: 62" x 49" x 36" / 1,575 mm x 1,245 mm x 914 mm
**Ranger charges taxes to California**
*Shipping is FREE to direct points within the 48-contiguous states.
**A 5% RATZ Surcharge may apply if shipping to a rural shipping point. Click here to check if you are in a RATZ zone
***It is the buyer's responsibility to unload the freight at their location.
Ranger Wheel Service Equipment is warranted for one year
on all operating components to be free of defects in material and workmanship. Ranger Products shall repair
or replace at their option for the warranty period those parts returned to the factory freight prepaid which
prove upon inspection to be defective. Ranger Products will pay labor costs for the first 12 months only on
parts returned as previously described