Hofman Monty 1520EMX Motorcycle Tire Changer with "EasyMont Pro"
The Hofmann monty 1520m and 1520emx are designed to change all types of motorcycle and ATV tires, including tires on difficult Harley Davidson belt drive wheels. The clamping jaws are designed to eliminate additional labor involved in removing the brake disc, sprocket, or drive pulley when servicing a wheel. Both tire changers are equipped with standard clamping jaws that allow for changing automotive and light truck tires as well.
Dual Wheel Clamping Cylinders
Dual pneumatic clamping cylinders control all four clamping jaws, eliminating damage to wheels due to slippage.
Four-Jaw Clamping Chuck
Self-centering clamping jaws powered by two pneumatic cylinders allow for tight clamping of motorcycle wheels.
Powerful Bead Breaker
5,954 lbs. of power at the bead shovel and a range of 12" wide, the monty 1520m and 1520emx provide quick and safe loosening of even tough ATV tire beads!
The monty 1520m/1520emx is designed to change all types of motorcycle tires, including tires on the difficult Harley Davidson belt drive wheels. Standard clamping jaws allow for changing automotive and light truck tires as well.
Specially-Designed Clamping Jaws
These clamping jaws are designed to eliminate the additional labor involved in removing the brake disc, sprocket, or drive pulley when servicing a wheel. The monty 1520m and 1520emx are equipped with plastic protection over metal jaws to protect wheels from damage. Plastic protection is also provided in the bead tool head.
EasyMont Pro features a three-piece design with a Top Roller, Pressing Foot, and Lifting Disc. Each piece provides a specialized function that assists a single operator in mounting/demounting low-profile and high-performance tires.
- Assists operator with bead lubrication, wheel clamping, lower bead lifting, re-loosens beads, and allows easy one-operator mounting of the stiff upper bead.
- EAA0329G35B - Standard with monty 1520emx (M1520EMX110A), optional for monty 1520m (M1520M110).
- Top Roller:
- Demounting - Presses down on the tire sidewall, provides clearance for easy positioning of the mount/demount head, upper bead lubrication, and easy insertion of the demount tire lever.
- Mounting - The roller retains the bead under the nose of the mounting head. Works in conjunction with the Pressing Foot to keep the tire bead below the wheel drop center as the tire rotates 360° during the mounting process.
- Pressing Foot:
- Tire Clamping - Presses the wheel in the center hole which allows the lower bead to clear the wheel’s rim for easy clamping.
- Tire Mounting - Presses the upper tire sidewall into the drop center and holds it in place during the 360° rotation required for mounting the upper bead is complete. Allows one-technician operation for mounting stiff sidewall, run-flat and high-performance tires.
- Lifting Disc: Loosens lower beads that often re-seat. To remove the upper bead, the lower bead must be free to move vertically during demounting. Provides an "extra hand" to lift and hold wide tires to facilitate insertion of the demount lever to remove the lower bead.
- For better cosmetic protection of expensive tires and wheels, an optional adjustable bead breaking disc can be fitted to the EasyMont Pro. This disc allows for breaking the tire beads using 360° tire rotation while the disc gently presses the tire bead dynamically, thus preserving tire and wheel.
|Overall Wheel Clamping Diameter||10" - 21"|
|Bead Breaker Range||0" - 12"|
|Bead Loosening Power||5,954 lbs.|
|Maximum Wheel Width||13"|
|Maximum Outer Tire Diameter||40"|
|Work Area Dimensions (DxWxH)||72"x68"x85"|
|Air Requirements||100 to 170 PSI @ 5 CFM|
|Shipping Weight||419 lbs.|
|Power Requirements||120V, 1Ph, 60HZ|
Drive Motor/Air Supply Options
|Electric (standard)||1 HP|
|Air (optional)||110 to 170 PSI @ 5 CFM (Available Upon Request)|
|ST4016079||Mount/Demount Head Service Kit|
|EAA0329G35B||EasyMont Pro Pneumatic Bead Assist. Standard with monty 1520emx (M1520EMX110A), optional for monty 1520m (M1520M110)|
|4027351||Mounting Adapter Kit. Required for EasyMont Bead Assist Device (EAA0329G35B). Standard with monty 1520emx (M1520EMX110A), optional for monty 1520m (M1520M110)|
|ST4029446||Automotive Adapters (Extends outer clamping range up to 22")|
|EAA0332G84A||ATV Adapters (Outer wheel clamping diameter: 7" - 14")|
|EAA0247G20A||Composite Mount/Demount Head|
|EAA0247G04A||Protective Cover (For Tire Lever EAA0247G02A)|
|EAA0247G15A||Protective Insert for Mount/Demount Head (10 each)|
|EAA0304G14A||Wave Tire Tool|
|EAA0247G70A||Bead Clamp for performance wheels|
|8-03229A||Premium Tire Paste|
Hofmann equipment Warranty Policy
Hofmann USA products carry the following warranties:
1. HOFMANN WHEL BALANCERS:
- LABOR 6 MONTHS
- PARTS 1 YEAR
- ELECTRONIC CIRCUIT BOARD 3 YEARS
- ELECTRIC MOTOR 5 YEARS
2. HOFMANN BRAKE LATHES:
- LABOR - 6 MONTHS
- PARTS - 2 YEARS
- ELECTRIC MOTOR - 1 YEAR
3. HOFMANN TIRE CHANGERS:
- LABOR - 6 MONTHS
- PARTS - 1 YEAR
- ELECTRIC MOTOR - 3 YEARS
- AIR MOTOR - 1 YEAR
- TRANMISSION - 3 YEARS
4. HOFMANN WHEEL ALIGNERS:
- LABOR - 6 MONTHS
- CIRCUIT BOARDS, PC’S, CRT & LCD - 3 YEARS
- PARTS & PRINTER - 1 YEAR
5. HOFMANN LIFTS:
- LABOR - 1 YEAR
- PARTS - 1 YEAR
- POWER PACK - 18 MONTHS (1 YEAR SCISSOR ALIGNMENT)
- HYDRAULICS - 1 YEAR