JET Tools GH-1440-1 Lathe W/ACU-RITE 203 DRO, Collet Closer, and Taper Attachment
The new JET GH-1440-1 and GH-1440-3 Geared Head engine lathes weigh over one ton and come equipped with precision induction hardened ground bed-ways, spindle roller bearings, and high-quality steel hardened gears in the headstock for the ultimate working durability. The enclosed gearbox design, standard coolant system, and lead screw cover provide a smooth and quiet operation while maintaining peak performance. The GH-1440-1 and GH-1440-3 also includes a patented electronic chuck key docking station that prevents startup without the chuck key when safely docked.
- V-way bed design is induction hardened and ground.
- Splined, not keyed, shafts are utilized.
- D1-4 spindle is precision ground for accuracy and supported by high quality tapered roller bearings.
- Independent leadscrew and feed rod.
- Adjustable gibs are incorporated in the carriage and slideways.
- Safety on/off switch.
- Emergency Stop within easy reach of the Operator.
- Electronic Chuck Key Docking Station.
- Chuck Guard.
- Foot Brake.
- Gearbox provides larger threading and feed capabilities with no gear changes.
- Spindle actuation control is apron mounted.
- Gap bed section provided for larger diameter work.
- Inch-metric dials are standard.
- Compound and cross slide have backlash elimination.
- Tailstock may be offset for turning tapers and includes an inch-metric graduated quill.
- Front removable chip tray.
- Spindle jog button for easy gear engagement and spindle inching.
- Coolant system.
- Full length splash guard.
- 6" 3-Jaw Chuck.
- 8" 4-Jaw Chuck.
- 12" Face Plate.
- Steady & Follow Rest.
- Metric Change Gears.
- Lead Screw Cover.
- LED Work Lamp.
- Micro Carriage Stop.
- Chuck Guard.
|Carriage Travel (In.)||37-1/2|
|Compound Slide Travel (In.)||3-1/2|
|Length of Gap (In.)||9-3/8|
|Max Tool Size (In.)||5/8 x 5/8|
|Motor (HP)||3HP, 230V, 1PH|
|Number of Inch Threads||40|
|Number of Longitudinal and Cross Feed Rates||40|
|Number of Metric Threads||23|
|Number of Spindle Speeds||12|
|Overall Dimensions (L x W x H) (In.)||74-4/5 x 28 x 46|
|Prop 65||Cancer and Reproductive Harm|
|Range of Cross Feeds (IPR)||0.0004 - 0.0103|
|Range of Inch Threads (TPI)||4-112|
|Range of Longitudinal Feeds (IPR)||0.0012 - 0.0294|
|Range of Metric Threads||0.45-7.5|
|Range of Spindle Speeds (RPM)||40-1800|
|Spindle Bore (In.)||1-1/2|
|Spindle Taper with Sleeve||MT-5|
|Steady Rest Capacity (In.)||3-1/2|
|Swing Over Bed (In.)||14|
|Swing Over Cross Slide (In.)||8-1/5|
|Swing Through Gap (In.)||20|
|Tailstock Spindle Travel (In.)||4-3/4|
|Taper in Tailstock Spindle||MT-3|
|Width of Bed (In.)||10-1/5|
JET RED ASSURANCE 2-YEAR WARRANTY
JET warrants every product it sells. If one of our tools needs service or repair, one of our Authorized Service Centers located throughout the United States can give you quick service. In most cases, any of these JPW Industries Authorized Service Centers can authorize warranty repair, assist you in obtaining parts, or perform routine maintenance and major repair on your JET Tools. For the name of an Authorized Service Center in your area call 1-800-274-6848.