Ranger DST-2420 30" Maximum Wheel Diameter Capacity Wheel Balancer
RANGER DST-2420 Dynamic Wheel Balancer
Wheel Balancer / 36 mm Shaft / 30" Maximum Wheel Diameter Capacity
The new and improved Ranger DST2420 wheel balancer now handles wheels up to 30” diameter. It is a highly accurate and dependable no-frills balancer that features our proprietary Digital Sensor Technology for critical reliability and repeatability.From one-bay shops to high-volume tire stores, the DST2420 is built with a gritty toughness that puts out perfectly balanced wheels day after day, around the clock. Like all of our DST Series wheel balancers, it’s a zero tolerance performer that features our proven Direct-Axis drive system, accurate to within hundredths of an ounce ensuring wheels are balanced vibration-free.
The DST2420 automatically calculates the exact weight needed to achieve an optimal balance for almost every tire and wheel configuration on the planet and brightly displayed LED’s mark the exact amount and location in just six seconds. A full-menu of time saving features that includes Dynamic, Static, and Performance Alloy settings allow you to balance OEM wheel configurations and performance wheels with minimal effort and speed.
Highly precise digital sensor technology
Our highly accurate Digital Sensor Technology features a 16-digit digital signal processor and single-chip technology that increases productivity and offers unprecedented speed and accuracy—especially when using sophisticated balance and weight placement techniques required for newer high-tech OEM and aftermarket wheels.
Single-chip circuit board architecture provides an inherent performance and reliability advantage compared to multi-chip implementations of the same functionality. In addition to overall latency reductions, the single-chip architecture significantly boosts device throughput. An extremely fast and dedicated hyper transport protocol allows data to communicate with the micro-processor at much faster speeds. This solution offers unmatched integration of features and functionality and results in both lower power consumption and dissipated heat.
Multi-directional quartz piezoelectric load sensors
Dual-component piezoelectric quartz load sensors and digital rotation encoder measure longitudinal, transversal and shear effects for multi-directional force unbalance detection. The piezoelectric force sensors are the most sensitive sensors we have ever made, offering superior stability and fatigue resistance for unlimited service life with your wheel balancer. The high-rigidity quartz crystal sensors offer high frequency detection in all three measured directions.
Quick and precise setup
Multi-size center cones and a full rubber perimeter no-mar “Quick-Nut” bell adapter makes mounting wheels fast and easy and minimizes the risk of costly wheel damage.
Mounting cone package
The DST-2420 tooling package not only includes our standard car and light truck cones, but a heavy-duty truck cone. This well-equipped package includes three automotive and light truck cones: 1.75” - 2.75”, 2.75” - 3.50” and 3.50” - 4.25”, as well as one truck cone 4.50” - 5.00”.
Tape weight feeder
Newly designed side shelf features an open-top design that accommodates Ranger Quick-Peel™ adhesive tape weight. These weights are sold separately in convenient bulk rolls.
Automatic weight optimization
The DST-2420 automatically calculates the minimum amount of weight needed to achieve an optimal balance for the tire and wheel configuration, so you use less weight. This adds up to real savings and increases your bottom line.
A touch-pad display panel features tire and wheel assembly graphics to help simplify speed entry of wheel data and guide technicians through balancing procedures. Operator function keys are labeled with simple, easy-to-read icons to help operators identify and command all balancing functions.
LED rolling wheel weight displays
Bright LED weight placement indicators show weight positions as the wheel is gently rolled to exact top-dead-center. Tiered weight placement indicators help identify out-of-sight weight placement such as split-weight or hidden “behind-the-spoke” techniques. Aids with clip-on and tape weight placement at precise locations for zero-on balancing every time.
Wheel weight starter kit
A free kit of wheel weights is included with DST2420 and DST64 wheel balancers. Each unit’s starter kit contains one bulk roll of 100 silver adhesive steel tape weights, one bulk roll of 100 black adhesive steel tape weights and one starter box of mixed clip-on steel weights. It’s our way of getting you off on the right foot. Additional Ranger wheel weights are available for purchase at any time.
- Dynamic, Static, and Performance Alloy settings
- A multi-user save function holds presets to increase productivity
- An ergonomic control board and easy-to-read LED display has vibrant visual cues and keypad to improve efficiency and proper balancing techniques for faster floor-to-floor times
- A simultaneous retrieval of static, dynamic and ALU1\ALU2\ALU3 data, identifies weight placement configurations for a variety of wheel styles and designs with the simple push of a button
- Automatic rolling wheel parameter setting feature saves valuable time and minimizes errors
- Low RPM balancing speed and rapid six-second cycle time
- Automatic braking
- Gram/ounce selection and millimeter/inch selection
- Automatic round-off with top-dead-center weight position indicator
- Tiered weight placement indicators help identify out-of-sight position weight placement such as split-weight or hidden “behind-the-spoke” techniques
- Manual or automatic start when hood is lowered
- Self-calibration function
- High-volume top weight tray and side shelf storage gives you room to inventory a wide variety of wheel weights and tools
- Newly designed side shelf features an open-top design that accommodates Ranger Quick-Peel™ adhesive tape weight convenient bulk rolls
- Precision-machined, hardened-steel 36 mm shaft
- Quick-release hub nut for dramatically reduced set-up times
- Side-position brake hold wheels at precisely 12-o’clock for proper weight placement
- Side cone storage pegs keeps accessories readily available
- New “open-side” hood design allows for a broader coverage of tire shapes and sizes
- Starter Kit
- One bulk roll of 100 silver adhesive steel tape weights
- One bulk roll of 100 black adhesive steel tape weights
- One starter box of mixed clip-on steel weights
|Style||Auto & Light Truck|
|Motor||1.5 HP, 110V / 220V, 50 / 60 Hz, 1Ph|
|Cycle Time||6 - 9 Seconds (avg.)|
|Balancing Modes||Dynamic / Static / 3-Alloy|
|Drive System||Belt Drive|
|Wheel Braking||Automatic / Electronic|
|Cones Included||3 Standard / 1 Truck|
|Max. Tire Diameter||47” (1,194 mm)|
|Max. Tire Weight||145 lbs. (65 kg)|
|Wheel Diameter Capacity||10” - 30” (254 mm - 672 mm)|
|Wheel Width Capacity||2” - 18” (51 mm - 457 mm)|
|Balancing Increments||0.25 or 0.01 oz|
|Balancing Speed||180 RPM|
|Accuracy||+/- 1 gram (.035 oz)|
|Resolution||0.01 ounce, 1.4°|
|Shipping Weight||398 lbs. (181 kg)|
*Shipping is FREE to direct points within the 48-contiguous states.
**A 5% RATZ Surcharge may apply if shipping to a rural shipping point. Click here to check if you are in a RATZ zone ***It is the buyer's responsibility to unload the freight at their location.
Ranger charges sales tax in these states California, Washington, Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, North Carolina, and Ohio.
WHEEL SERVICE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY
THE BEST WARRANTY IN THE BUSINESS - YOU HAVE OUR WORD
Duration: From the date of purchase by the original Purchaser; or 24?12 months from the date of shipment by BendPak/Ranger or whichever comes first.
- Two Years (24-Months) Warranty on equipment structure*
- One Year (12-Months) Warranty on operating components
- One Year (12-Months) Labor Warranty on site or at factory
- One Year (12-Months) Free-Shipping** on ground?freight charges related to warranty performance
1. Who gives this warranty (Warrantor): BendPak/Ranger, 1645 Lemonwood Dr., Santa Paula, CA 93060
2. Who receives this warranty (Purchaser): The original Purchaser (other than for purpose of resale)
3. What products are covered by this warranty: Any Ranger brand tire changer, wheel balancer or brake lathe***
4. What is covered under this warranty: manufacturer defects due to material and/or workmanship with the exceptions noted below.
5. What is not covered under this warranty:
a. Any failure that results from Purchaser’s abuse, neglect or failure to operate, maintain or service product in accordance with instructions provided in the owner’s manual(s) supplied
b. Any damage caused by using equipment beyond rated capacity and/or capability
c. Items or service normally required to maintain the product, i.e. lubricants, oil, etc.
d. Items considered general wear parts such as rubber or plastic pads/protectors, cutting tips, plastic trays, etc. unless wear or failure is a direct result of manufacturer defect due to material and/or workmanship
e. Any component damaged in shipment or any failure caused by installing or operating equipment under conditions not in accordance with installation and operation guidelines or damaged by contact with tools or surroundings
f. Motor or other component failure caused by rain, excessive humidity, corrosive environments or other contaminants
g. Rusted components due to improper maintenance or corrosive environments
h. Cosmetic defects that do not interfere with product functionality
i. Damage due to incorrect voltage or improper wiring
j. Any incidental, indirect, or consequential loss, damage, or expense that may result from any defect, failure, or malfunction of a Ranger product
k. All electrical components are guaranteed for one year against defects in workmanship and/or materials when the lift is installed and used according to specifications
6. Responsibilities of Warrantor under this warranty: Repair or replace with either new or reconditioned unit at Warrantor’s option, component and/or unit which is defective, has malfunctioned and/or failed to conform within duration of the warranty period. BendPak/Ranger will pay reasonable labor costs for the first 12 months only.
7. Responsibilities of Purchaser under this warranty:
a. Provide dated proof of purchase and maintenance records
b. In some cases, components may be required to be shipped to the nearest BendPak/Ranger Authorized Service Center. Freight costs, after 12?months, must be borne by the Purchaser.
c. Use reasonable care in the operation and maintenance of the products as described in the owner’s manual(s).
8. When Warrantor will perform repair or replacement under this warranty: Repair or replacement will be scheduled and serviced according to the normal work flow at the servicing location, and depending on the availability of replacement parts.
*Equipment structure is defined as any non?moving permanently affixed frame or main body, or sub?structures that are non?moving and permanently affixed or attached to any main equipment structure or frame. **Free?shipping applies to direct shipping points within the 48 continental United States. Rural area shipping surcharge may apply for remote addresses. ***For all Ranger brand tire changers, wheel balancers or brake lathes manufactured on or following 11/1/2011.
Limitation of Liability
BendPak/Ranger shall have no obligation pursuant to this Warranty with respect to products which in our sole judgment have been altered damaged, misused, abused, badly worn, lost or improperly maintained. This Warranty is null and void if the customer or any other person other than an authorized representative of BendPak/Ranger has made any attempt to service or modify the tool prior to its return to BendPak/Ranger under this Warranty. In no event will either party be liable for any damage caused by the other party's failure to fulfill its responsibilities under these terms and conditions. In no event will either party be liable for any lost profits, lost savings, incidental damage, or other economic consequential damages BendPak/Rangerproductsareprovidedandsoldasiswithoutanyexpressorimpliedwarrantiesincludingwarrantiesofmerchantabilityorfitnessforparticularpurpose.No warranties, expressed or implied, will apply after this period. BendPak may modify these terms and conditions at any time by either providing the customer with written notice or posting such revised terms on www.bendpak.com. Such revised terms shall be effective thirty days from the date of such written notice or posting.
Frequently Bought Together
Total Price:Add to Cart
Please choose options for all selected products